Thursday 6 January 2011

Any feedback on my new idea

I've been thinking alot recently about the importance of the image in conseptual art and whether in its atempt to convey its idea it can stall the actual consept. Ive also been wondering if this is the fault of the artist or the veiwer. I my opinion veiwers are self involved with a need for escapism and artist can somtimes get so traped up in consept that the work becomes to self involved. My idea is to remove the imagery and replace it with description in an atempt to point the veiwer to the thinking that the artist is doing. There are alot of issues with this work such as it could contradict itself in become a harsh consept where people do see what the work is now about but the work is more about the presated idea as a collective peice.

i would like to work with somone on this peice and preferably someone who isnt an artist and can see this idea from a philisophical or pyshcological point of veiw.

No comments:

Post a Comment